Target Delivery Scientist
Scitech Precision Ltd. is a spin out company from the Science and Technology Facilities Council, based on the Harwell Oxford Campus. The company develops microtargets for use in high power laser experiments at national and international research facilities.
The position is an exciting opportunity for a physicist to play a key role in the development and growth of the company. You will work with the team to raise the company profile and increase the sales pipeline for Scitech Precision. You will be responsible for all aspects of target delivery including the following specific activities:
• Specification and design of appropriate microtargets in collaboration with customer.
• Fabrication of components and final assemblies.
• Detailed microtarget characterisation using optical profiling, white light interferometry and SEM.
• Attending conferences to present research papers and posters.
• Developing a marketing plan to showcase the company capabilities.
Please note this is a full time position which will be offered on a fixed term contract in the first instance.
You will have a keen appreciation of the behaviour of material properties and processes at the millimetre and micron level as well as an interest in experimental physics. You will be required to work as a critical member of a small, multi-disciplined team. You should be well organised, able to manage multiple projects and be energetic, committed and motivated. You must have a degree or PhD in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline as well as experience in some or all of the following;
• Working from and generating technical drawings
• Microassembly and thin film coating techniques
• Metrology of microengineered components and structures
• Operating in a cleanroom environment
• Technical sales and marketing
• Plasma physics experiments on high power lasers
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.